Our Valued Members
The safety of our entire community is our number one priority. We believe that regular exercise and proper nutrition is VITAL in the prevention of lifestyle related diseases. We love supporting you as you continue on your path to healthy living and investing in having the best quality of life. With the Covid-19 Virus sensitivities, the following recommendations from Work Safe BC and Fraser Health Authority have been implemented to ensure we continue to provide you a safe, clean and supportive environment to access for your health and fitness needs. We ask that as you plan to resume your activities at the gym that you follow these recommendations for the safety of yourself and all of those in the space.
- DO NOT ENTER the gym if you have any flu like symptoms (fever/cough/chills/shortness of breath/difficulty swallowing/loss of smell/loss of taste/headache/muscle fatigue/loss of appetite)
- DO NOT ENTER the gym if you have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- DO NOT ENTER the gym if you have come in contact with someone who has tested positive with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- DO NOT ENTER the gym if you have travelled outside the country within the last 14 days
- Towels are mandatory please bring one to the gym or purchase one at the front desk for $5
- Please bring a prefilled waterbottle. We will be supplying disposable cups to use the water dispenser but personal bottles cannot be used with water fountain on site
- For any classes you will be participating in that will need a mat please bring your own. There will not be mats provided on site
- Group Fitness Classes will be streamed Virtually until the order placed on November 7, 2020 by the Provincial Health Officer is removed.
- Group Fitness Classes (in gym) are limited to 15 so please pre-register for your classes by visiting our website at fitforwomengym.com Please check in with the front desk when you arrive to confirm your attendance. Any class reservations not checked-in 5 minutes before the class begins will be canceled and will be available to any members who are on the wait list
- Any assistance you may require from staff for weight/measurements will be by appointment only
- Physical Distancing please keep at least 6ft distance from other patrons and staff while using the gym
- Please use the supplied disinfectant spray before and after use on each equipment
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the gym for your use
- Regular hand washing is recommended as the best form of defence for the spread of any germs
- If you are bringing any items that need to be locked in a locker, please spray the locker with disinfectant spray before and after your use
- Masks are mandatory. They must be worn while transitioning throughout the facility (when moving around/entering gym/washroom). You are not required at this time to wear a mask while participating in Group Fitness nor while using any of the Cardio or Weight Training units. We do not provide masks on site you will need to bring one with you
These measures will be strongly enforced by our team to upkeep the mandate set out by local and provincial authorities.
The following will be our operating hours until the order issued on November 7, 2020 by the Provincial Health Offer is removed:
Monday – Friday 7am-1pm and 3pm-8pm
We have set these measures into place to keep the gym a safe space and for all of us to continue being able to commit time and activities to keep our mind, body and spirit healthy. Without the participation of these measures they will not have any effect, so this is a two part system. We have provided the means to keep the gym safe and all of us that attend must do our own part to utilize these safety precautions.
We know that what we have been accustomed to for access to our health and fitness program has changed slightly and some of you may be feeling some anxiety about the unknown and whether the gym is a safe space for you to return to but we invite you to come and visit us to see the updates and measures for yourself and discuss any concerns you have with our team. We will do our best to make everyone feel like Fit For Women Gym is a space for everyBODY.
We thank you for continuing to support us and entrusting us with your health and fitness needs. We look forward to offering you the Best Value In Women’s Fitness for many years to come!
Fit For Women Gym